Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Day 33

CHRISTMAS DAY = CHEAT DAY

This was a terrible day for me, Lances family is full Ukrainian and they cook the traditional meals!!

No body had breakfast cause they knew what was coming for lunch.....

I will do my best with the spelling

Holobtsi - cabbage rolls
Nalisnyky - Crepes with cottage cheese (cooked in cream)
Pyrohy - Potato perogy
Studynets - Jellied pork meat
Kasha - buckwheat (kinda like porrage)
Pedishkya - fritter with cottage cheese (cooked in cream)
Nachynka - cornbread stuffing

Then we had turkey, ham and bread stuffing as well

I tried to fill up on as much salad as possible and try eating one or two of each Ukrainian traditional dish to keep Lances mom happy (I didn't want to insult such a great cook) I also had about 6 oz. of turkey.

There was no energy to work out AT ALL today but I feel like I have to make it up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment